Monday, May 6, 2013

Stressing and Seizures

Health insurance is sometimes to expensive for a person or a family to afford. So when you're chronicly ill or just sick very often having Medicaid or Medicare are very important things to have. I started on Medicaid in 2010 and had it all the way to January 2013. They turned it off because I was late turning in some paperwork (you can't mess around with Medicaid!) so after jumping through hoops and my husband giving some people a talking to I got my Medicaid turned back on last month! I was so happy I spent the whole rest of the next morning on the phone calling around for doctors that took Traditional Medicaid. After a few hours and a short break I had finally made an appointment with all the new doctors I needed to see. Sadly when you're a new patient you have to WAIT A LONG TIME for you first appointment. I won't be able to see my new PCP until July 31st & my rheumatoidologist until August 6th!

Everything was hunky dory until one day this past weekend... I was taking a nap and during my dream there was an announcement, and then they repeated the announcement except the second time it was different it said, "Melissa Clements is denied Medicaid for the following reasons...." I woke up saying "WHAT THE F***?!" To my husband reading two letters out from Medicaid. One for me and one for our 2 year old both saying we were getting kicked off Medicaid because we weren't Indiana residents!!!! I'll be 25 years old in August and I can truthfully say I've lived in Indiana for all 25 years!

Of course after reading the letters the Medicaid office was closed until the next Monday. My husband works A LOT! I mean seriously A LOT! When he is off his work phone rings 24/7. So we were excited when he actually got a four day vacation this past weekend! And wouldn't you know Shawn, Emma and I all had to go to Urgent Care for sinus infections! So we're all three really sick, and to top it off I was so stressed because of Medicaid that I couldn't sleep and we lost count of the amount of seizures I had in those few days. The seizures varied from petite to grand mal and I was pretty much stuck in bed or on the couch.

My husband called Medicaid today and when he texted me back that it was all fixed and it was just a paperwork mistake I was so happy!

I know doctors tell you all the time to avoid stress. I want to laugh in those doctors faces, and tell them to live a day in my life!

Love & Spoons,
Missie 

2 comments:

  1. Ladies... I am very impressed with your new blog project and want to encourage you, and hopefully send a few of my readers your way.

    For Lupus Awareness Month, I am publishing a series of spotlights on lupus bloggers, and my post for tomorrow focuses on your Lupus Sisters blog. Kudos for such a great, creative idea.

    I hope to follow and watch as you continue to develop your blogging "voice" (perhaps "chorus" is a better description.) Best wishes, and congrats on your great blogging start!

    Lupus Adventurer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Lupus Adventurer!! We are just getting started & any help getting people our way would be great! Our goal has & always will be to spread awareness, & encourage & support others with Lupus. Thank you so mu h for your kind words!~~Sarah

      Delete