Thursday, May 9, 2013

Mother's Day

Mother's Day to me:
Mother's Day is a day where Mother's are celebrated, honored, shown appreciation for all their work, sacrifices, time spent teaching, loving, mentoring, disciplining, Mothering.
As a Mom, I appreciate a day of being appreciated. But, for me; as someone who was told at a very young age that I could never have children, who had surgeries for Endometriosis, who fought Lupus & seizures & acquired hypothyroidism during & directly after each of my pregnancies, and had 3 c-sections; Mother's Day is a day I celebrate the fact that I am a Mom! It is my greatest Blessing (next to my Husband) and my greatest reward. It is worth all of the sacrificing, sleepless nights, painful pregnancies & deliveries. So as much as my children will celebrate me on Sunday, I will celebrate them just a little bit more. My Mom once told me I could never understand her love for me until I became a Mom myself, she was so right. My children were prayed for, each and every one of them, they were all I ever wanted as far back as I can remember I just wanted to be a Mom. Thank You God for answering my prayers. Evah Anntoinette, Lilah Abigail, Ellah Adeline I love you so much, I adore you, I am so incredibly thankful to be your Mommy. Thank You for changing me in ways I never thought possible. When I cry as I look at and read your sweet little cards you made & lopsided cake you baked & macaroni & cheese you cook me for lunch & frozen pizza  you cook me for dinner, & hand-picked flowers that are actually weeds, on Sunday, they won't just be tears of thankfulness, or happiness they will be tears of celebration, celebrating each of YOU, celebration that I was chosen and BLESSED enough to be your Mom.
Mother's Day to me, is a day to celebrate & appreciate the fact that I am the Mother of three beautiful princesses!

No comments:

Post a Comment