Friday, May 17, 2013

Put on Purple Day!

Today is Put on Purple Day for Lupus Awareness! I have had an OVERWHELMING amount of people tag me in photos & text me pics of them wearing purple for Me. It has moved me to tears. I feel so alone some days in this fight against Lupus, so the support made me realize how much support I do actually have.
My biggest support team is my family. My girls are rocking their purple today, earlier I heard my oldest daughter tell my middle daughter "we gotta wear purple for Mommy today, for her Lupus!" Made me proud. My advocate, my rock, my caregiver, my Husband was decked out in his purple as he went to work today. I got a little choked up as I kissed him goodbye this morning as I could see the pride he had in supporting me by wearing purple. Along with the Facebook posts of his today "I wear purple for my Wife" and sharing everyone's posts that have tagged me wearing their purple & personally thanking them himself for supporting me. I realized today, people love me & WANT to support me in my battle. I used to think my husband's support was out of loyalty or pity, but I saw today, He hates this disease but he is PROUD to support me. He, along with my children & other family & friends fight this battle with Lupus second hand, right along with me!
So, I encourage you to look around & take notice of those supporting you, advocating for you, beaming with pride at your strength to fight this battle & proudly spreading awareness in your honor. You are not as alone as you feel on those bad days, I promise you!
Now, let's wear our Purple LOUD & spread awareness!~~Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Too cute ! so great to have your familys support and I. love PURPLE!.your little ones are really cute! You are so young and strong woman. Wish I would have got online earlier , didn't know it was wear purple day, didn't go anywhere but would be there in spirit!
    Haven't been Feeling too great today , new symptom by the way, very dizzy....keep thinking I am gonna fall...wish cud laydown and close eyesbut not fun, real dizzy then.....have you heard of this as a symptom , I wonder as always us it something that signals anything serious , like wow should I call , go to doctors
    .


    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You! I am so blessed to have besn abke to have tgese beauties despite this awful disease! I just turned 30 in April, I definitely don't feel young! But, that's probably more from the lupus.
    I get vertigo really bad & am always dizzy like that too. Dr's have me on Meclizine for it (aka anti-vert) if I don't take it regularly, I am immobilized by the dizziness. There is a flu bug going around pretty bad right now though, which I think I may have caught (the joys of prednisone suppressing the immune system, I catch every bug!) Because my dizziness & nausea is worse as is my achiness. But, either way dizziness that bad is no fun, so I hope you feel better soon! Maybe talk to your Dr's about it if it continues to be so bad. Please take care & rest well too!
    May is Lupus Awareness month, so wear your purple next time you are out! Tag us on IG or Twitter or on Facebook & we can share your photo as a fellow lupus warrior! Feel better! Sending gentle ((HUGS)) ~~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi , I know what you mean , I am 47 and have aged to at least 67 in the last 10 years that I came out with Lupus, Sjogrens disease , Psoriatic Arthiritis and also have HepC . I just am learning why I have felt so bad for so many years in so many ways ....just talking and reading all your posts on IG , have given me sense of not being alone and recognition of how I feel. Well I waNted to write back to you to thank you....I am not feeling too great right now, brain fog bigtime...ugghhhhh, feel crazy ...huggs back at u Sarah , my friend

    ReplyDelete